About Me

This is a brief story about an upcoming engineer 😇

Hi, my name is Animesh Ray, a first-year student at The City College of New York. Free time is not a part of me as I am a multi-tasking machine. I say machine because I want to major in Electrical Engineering and make a sparking career out of it. I also worked on general aviation and its contents, and engines back in high school, so my passion for this field is kind of crazy! What I do in my spare time is related to the things I want to strive for which is looking at technological stuff like computer parts and electronic adaptations to society in general. I want to set the stage of engineering as soon as possible and make good fortune for myself and provide for the family at the same time. Things would get electric as soon as I find the opportunity to have a job and get started on this ultimate goal I set for myself. That’s another thing about me, I like to set goals and achieve them. Some of my hobbies are watching anime, watching football/soccer, and hanging out with friends as I very much enjoy doing so to keep my head away from the College stress.

1. Football Fan – Love this sport and my favorite player is Lionel Messi. I used to play a lot of street soccer with my friends and then we moved up to playing in our middle school’s yard to now playing when we have time in Roosevelt Island. This was a big part of my youth. Although I got a terrible ankle from playing this, I still will continue to play the sport because of my passion for it. I keep up to date with the soccer news from the Premier League that is in England and with my favorite team, which is FC Barcelona. I support the National Team, Argentina with all my heart as they are playing in the World Cup.
  2. Cultural – I am from a family rich in culture and follow others of similar culture like India. I am from Bangladesh and we have so many traditional dishes like Biryani and Pilau (Style of White rice). These foods are so yummy and I wish I can eat them more with my friends since I mainly eat them with family most of the time. I also see my mom having a whole style of clothing called Saris. I see a lot of these clothes from my family and I even wore one before (highly embarrassing). Our country is very powerful in culture.
  3. AMT – In the process of working as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician from Aviation High School to show my passion for Aviation, seeing planes fly by and etc. I wanted to get a grasp of the engineering field already from the beginning and this school very much helps me with that. Aviation is a way for me to further look down career options as there are many benefits. Certain airlines supply the mechanics with these benefits to work this job. Another reason why I do Aviation is that I want to get flight benefits that help decrease the cost of flight tickets and family members can get it too.
Lionel Messi playing in the Qatar World Cup 2022
Me and my mom at Durga Puja (Hindu Holiday)
A picture with me and an aircraft in the hangar of Aviation High School

4. Engineer Major – Love hands-on work and working with machinery; understanding of concepts/blueprints to perform the task. Ever since I was little, I wanted to do something mechanical in the field of engineering. It has always been my destiny to get a job in this field and do so much with it. This includes providing for the family and for an enjoyable retirement plan.

5. Religious – I Practice Hinduism and follow the rules of not eating beef or pork, praying before dawn, and doing the customs of this tradition. My dad has been a vegetarian for around 13 years and seeing what he does because of religion is very inspirational seeing his devotion to the religion. Being religious is a good way for me to feel accustomed to the expressive and big culture it is. 

6. Dreamer – My imagination is very explosive and I like to dream a lot of things in my big head. Things I would dream about are how my life would be different if I had siblings. I dream of my favorite soccer player winning the World Cup. I also dream about me having a lot of money and what I can do with that.

7. Music – I listen to a variety of genres like Bollywood, Punjabi, Bengali, Rap/Hip Hop, EDM (Electronic Dance Music), British Drill, recently French, Arabic, and Russian.

8. Anime Watcher – My favorite anime is One piece and watch it in my spare time. I love watching so a good deal of anime as I love the storytelling it has and all the different genres it contains. These genres are Romance, Isekai (protagonist travels to another world), Fantasy, and Action.

9. Extrovert – I like hanging out with friends a lot on the weekends and visiting their houses and chilling with them. I go out to eat with them a lot and my next step is to go to a Hot Pot (Chinese restaurant) and a Ramen place where they serve Japanese traditional foods. My friends are so awesome because of how much they are willing to invite me to almost everything: restaurants, a park, six flags, and even weddings. 

10. Gamer – I love to play some games in my free time and especially open-world where I love filling my free-time full of adventure and quests to complete. Some games include are GTA Series, Genshin Impact, Assassin’s Creed Series, Horizon, Ark Survival, etc.

A Bollywood Song from the new movie Brahmastra